Pronounced Ray-Key • Rei=universal • Ki= life force energy.
What is Reiki?
The system of Reiki originated in Japan under the guidance of Mikao Usui, a lay Tendai priest who was, in fact, walking the path of enlightenment. Largely influenced by Japanese culture, Reiki is a melding of Buddhism, esoteric religious and martial arts practices.
The system consists of practicing meditation, mantra’s, chanting, breath work, energy work and hands on/off healing, all of which help a practitioner heal the mind and therefore the body. The aim of a practitioner is to first heal oneself, attaining a peaceful mind and then, offering peace to others.
Reiki has no religious affiliation but is also regarded as a spiritual practice. Reiki can do no harm and is always intended for the greatest and highest good.
Reiki is an easy system to learn but encompasses a life time of practice.
- Reduction in stress
- Feeling of ones own empowerment
- Greater feeling of love and connection with the world
- Gain mental clarity and better decision making
- Less anger
- Higher levels of pain tolerance
- Speed in recovery from illness and injury
- Lower levels of anxiety
- Increase in self confidence and self esteem